We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, And know the place for the first time. ~T.S. Eliot Four Quartets

25 August 2006

Blogging, blog, blog

I've been giving some thought to what makes a blog interesting and I know every individual has a different take on 'interesting', but I would hope to keep it as exciting as possible. A friend has suggested that since I am living here in England that I focus a little on this place, like photos, local info. and knowledge, etc.. since people like a window on the world, like to see different places to their own. I realised this when reading a blog by an American in Switzerland..she posts photos of the place, both majestic and mundane, and that intrigues me since I've never been there.

When I started this blog, the idea was mainly to write for friends but I understand that the whole world may be reading and initially, that scared me. Don't know why exactly, but now I find it less frightening and more inspiring.

Since I've recently written about my old home in Chicago, which at 75 years or so, is not really that old, I'm going to write a bit about this village I live in here, which has OLD homes from the 17th century. Its funny, thinking back to Edinburgh and the city below the city (Mary Kings Close, a street that was closed off/quarantined during an epidemic of the plague and all the people living there died, and was later built over) ghosts have new meaning. I had a few seriously ghosty experiences living there, and visiting last year as well.. I haven't noticed any ghosts in my house here, even though it is quite old. This village is pretty peaceful, although I know there is a bloody history around the area, just as in most places in England. So I'll get working on a little view into this little place...

No comments: