We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, And know the place for the first time. ~T.S. Eliot Four Quartets

06 September 2006

The verdict is in...


Well, his first day was a success. He no doubt was a bit tried and cranky on the way home, but by his own account, he enjoyed his first day of school.
He was busily playing away with a fellow girl classmate when I came in at the end of the day to see the teacher. He told me this girl was his friend, and he told his dad (not me?!?) that she gave him a kiss and 'took him by surprise'. His teacher told me he did really well considering he's never been to school and the other kids already know the rules. He does have trouble sitting still and in a class where boys are the majority, that should be interesting. So this morning, his second day, he set off with his dad, since dad was starting work late. My son was not even bothered that I decided to stay home this morning, and was quite happy to go and see me later!

No comments: