We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, And know the place for the first time. ~T.S. Eliot Four Quartets

17 December 2006

a few home truths


I've been reading a few ex-pat blogs which have reminded me of Starbucks.. and that I don't miss it anymore. Yep, I've broken my addiction to Starbucks. It helps that there aren't any around here (and that I don't have much money). There is one in Preston, where the in-laws live, but I don't bother.

And then there's egg nog. How could I forget?? I LOVE the stuff and its not available here, not ready made. Starbucks however, do the egg nog latte --which I did have in Preston last year. So I may seek that out this weekend. Then there's the Christmas Pudding--I'll pass, thanks.

My son got all excited seeing the tv commercials for 'extra special' pudding, but he didn't want to go anywhere near it last year. Just give me pumpkin pie! Did I mention how I miss the pie??!!

And I'm not sure that I miss the repeated showings of Its a Wonderful Life, which to my knowledge isn't scheduled to be on tv at all here, at least not this week.


No comments: