We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, And know the place for the first time. ~T.S. Eliot Four Quartets

07 February 2007

Ode to food

Truly, there is nothing nicer than a house full of food, the shelves stocked, the refrigerator full. I've just done the weekly shop and I always feel this way after..very grateful. I never used to enjoy grocery shopping, it was just a necessary chore. But now, perhaps because I am not pulled in many different directions, or because I cook more, or enjoy healthy eating, whatever the reason, I now look forward to it. A fabulous saffron flavoured risotto is planned for tonight. I suppose you could say I have nothing better to think about!! But what is better than good food? Even when the budget is tight, food takes priority over anything else and being a vegetarian, it is easy to eat well on less.

The scent of freshly brewed coffee floats out of the kitchen, while Camille Saint-Saens plays in the living room, as I write. Its another gloriously sunny day, but COLD.. that poor daffodil.. snow is expected tonight, but maybe not in this area, we haven't had any yet!! I am now trying to psyche myself up for the (COLD) school walk that I have to embark on soon...

No comments: