We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, And know the place for the first time. ~T.S. Eliot Four Quartets

24 August 2007

Mes Amies


I have been reminded this past week of how I miss having my friends around. I mean having good friends that you have known for years, that you are completely at ease with, that you can sit comfortably in silence with, or equally engage in lively debate with. Two and half years distance was closed instantly.
With my friends visiting from Chicago, we have enjoyed sharing good food, having dinners at our house and at thier rented cottage and it was so nice to be around other foodies! Its such a pleasure sharing food and low key evenings. I also played my first pub quiz and overindulged the wine, naturally...
We've also done loads of walking and I feel that I may even give mushrooms another try, and take up running, thanks to an inspiring conversation with Kathie. And now the dear friends are on their way to Manchester while we try and resume some sort of routine, sort through the photos, and wind down the summer with some local fairs this weekend. And since its Friday.. the photo..

No comments: