We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, And know the place for the first time. ~T.S. Eliot Four Quartets

04 March 2010

Begin the begin..

Its hard for me to believe its been a year and a half since I last blogged and the thought of never doing it again was a recurring one, or starting a new blog- which is very saggitarian of me, out with the old, throw it all onto the fire. Like Shunryu Suzuki said, "When you do something, you should burn yourself completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself.".. except I'm not enlightened and I do leave traces, I do cast a shadow, sometimes longer than I'd like. Of course he also said, there are no enlightened beings, only enlightened activity, and I'm still working on that too. Thankfully or not, My virgo-rising side reigned me back in and down to earth, as I realised that all my previous writing, my accumulated bits still remain, and while I may cringe at some of what I wrote in the past, I shouldn't just discard it. Revise instead of renounce.

I know I've lost most if not all of my readers, and while updating my links I also noticed just how many blogs bloom and then wither away. My last post of Sept. 2008 reminds me how my life and my being became equally undone. A year+ of silence, metamorphoses, pain, growth, life. The name of the blog is changed as so much has changed. Some posts have been deleted, as I inadvertently stepped on some toes with my writing, which may happen again but hopefully not. Still it highlights one of my life lessons which is that you can't please everyone all the time. And you shouldn't drive yourself crazy with trying. I hope this will bring in some new enlightened activity. Thanks for reading.

No comments: