We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, And know the place for the first time. ~T.S. Eliot Four Quartets

28 June 2012

Its Raining, Its Pouring, the old man is snoring..

It has been raining in the valley. That is nothing new, it rains a lot here, its what makes England so green (and far too often, gray). Last weekend it rained a month's worth in one day. The valley where I live, from Mytholmroyd to Todmorden was flooded. Since I am on a hill, I felt lucky to only have a small puddle of water in my cellar. But many businesses were devastated by all this water. I am always in awe of water, how it is such a force, the highest force in nature? Its very essence is life giving, and yet it can cause so much destruction. I didn't get out in the midst of it, but here are some superb photos taken by those who did. http://www.hebdenbridge.co.uk/news/2012/110.html

No comments: