We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, And know the place for the first time. ~T.S. Eliot Four Quartets

11 March 2007

Labels, auras, knowledge


The beginning of knowledge is to call all things by their proper names. That is a Chinese proverb I believe, one that I read many moons ago and stuck with me.. and yet I couldn't tell you exactly where that phrase originates (is it Confucious?)

I was reading another blog (Saturday Morning Cuppa) which Veronika was talking about labels, and how we label each other and society. Can we function without labels? Its true some of us are more attached to our labels than others. I look at it as a function of the ego, where we need these things to define ourselves, lest we feel unreal or lost.

Yet there's the proverb, about the beginning of knowledge and is it true knowledge to label things? If we don't know the proper name of something does that mean we can't truly know it? What part transcends words and language? What are you if you took away all your favourite labels for yourself?

With this in mind I visited this site that's a bit of fun,
Improve your karma I found it on another blog and so anaylzed my aura.

I have to admit I tried it with a few different photos, and mostly, to its credit came out the same. Although it says that I would like to take all the limelight and think that life is unfair..which I don't think could be any more opposite of what I think. My daughter had a really excellent reading, which even said her aura was immature!! well naturally!

No comments: