We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, And know the place for the first time. ~T.S. Eliot Four Quartets

11 April 2007

Secrets











What a nice little secret (maybe not anymore) I have discovered, or should I say a perk of being a writer?? The HarperCollins mailing list for book reviews has just supplied me with two brand new books for FREE. I now need to work my way through them in order to review them. The Good Kids, Bad Habits one has a rather lengthy test to take for all ages of children, to see how healthy their eating habits are. Half way through the test and we are doing well.. but being vegetarian and health conscious, I wasn't too surprised. I think this book is aimed at getting people more interested in raising healthy and happy kids, but it seems that there's a whole lot of people out there who are unlikely to even look at it.. considering that they don't think or know they have bad habits. I've probably already mentioned the dearth of tv shows here about overweight people, horribly misbehaved kids, people who drink too much, etc.. it seems either the general public has no control over the programming, or this is what we crave.

Very frequently (well most of the time) on one of the programmes, You are what you eat, the participants don't eat ANY vegetables. Many don't even know what broccoli looks like. So their children are growing up not knowing as well. I don't know, but seems to me that even if you don't eat these things, you should at least recognise them in the store.So perhaps this book may help, although it is American.

Anyway, onto other secrets.. the law of attraction, cosmic ordering has delivered a car to us--at last!! Last month I was thinking of it and had the feeling (which I shared with my husband) that the car would come from someone we knew, so we should stay alert. And yesterday, in casual conversation, my husband's cousin mentioned a car he just bought, but is not really using and do we want to buy it? So not only have we been presented with a suitable car, but it is also available to us on a payment plan (with no interest of course!).

This video link was emailed to me from the publisher of The Mother magazine. The film was made with the intention of having one million people view it, and remember who they truly are. Its a little bit of positivity..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMMt5xg9YXU . Enjoy.

No comments: