We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, And know the place for the first time. ~T.S. Eliot Four Quartets

09 May 2007

Favourite Village Views

Two posts in one day, I'm beside myself! But since I've just learned about another Group Writing Project at ProBlogger, I decided this time I would participate. I was feeling a bit on the spot to be extraordinarily creative and with dozens of half-baked ideas going on in my head, I remembered the admonishment to write what you know.. so I thought I'd share my love of this little village that I have found myself so happily living in, with my favourite village views in photographs. It was a hard choice but here they are, as I feel today.

There's nothing like staying home for real comfort. - Jane Austen

1. Probably my favourite place in the entire village, and my favourite view, as I have photographed the village waterfall in every season. Here's is how it looks in the height of summer.

2. This is not so much a view, as it is my favourite pic of my son talking to the cows. It also won us £100 when it was published in a national women's magazine last year!

3. A lovely hilltop view, looking down into the village this spring.


4. A view of the village pub in winter, with a dusting of snow. This pub was built in 1634, and is the oldest building in the village.

5. This is the view from my son's window, which he is lucky enough to wake up to every morning. I also enjoy just sitting and watching them (if you haven't guessed, I really like cows!) and they are my one of my favourite subjects for photographing.


No comments: