We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, And know the place for the first time. ~T.S. Eliot Four Quartets

05 July 2007

Good Ol' America


Well what kind of American am I, a day late in writing about the fourth of July, Independence Day? Its never been one of my favourite holidays, mainly because I'm not a fan of homemade (or rather, home orchestrated) fireworks.. pretty scared of them in fact. I have to admit I wasn't even thinking about it until I turned on the tv and saw that Deal or No Deal was decked out in American flags!!

So today I'm listening to WTMX Chicago as I write, hearing the 4th horror stories, the 'hillbilly' 4th of July as they are calling it, etc.. and had a good laugh when Fall Out Boy came on, not laughing at the band, but at the fact that the song has been edited. Its played here too, on the radio, not edited, but 'God Damn' just can't be played on American radio can it??? And then there was the news about Al Gore's son being arrested yesterday for driving something like 105 mph, and with (say it quietly now) Drugs in his vehicle! Oh America, its just downright wholesome isnt it...

No comments: