We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, And know the place for the first time. ~T.S. Eliot Four Quartets

09 August 2007

More from MOSI [part 3]

There is of course more to the museum than this one exhibit... we did explore the tranport areas including the engines, trains, and the space and flight area which my husband particularly enjoyed.

Getting up close to the monsters of Doctor who was really thrilling though, and even I could see how as a kid I would've loved it (as it was, I didn't mind it now either). This one was not my favourite though, a giant talking spider.


Also known as the Empress of Racnoss.



The only queue was the one to get inside the Dalek and have your voice come out sounding like one.

One of my favourites was the Face of Boe, it was just so huge.. it scared my son at first, even in the television episode as it is rather freaky looking, but its one of the most peaceful characters, he's the wisdom keeper, the singer of ancient songs as it said at the exhibit.


The cybercontroller, the leader of the cybermen.







And then we found this guy hanging out at the restaurant?!! The Abzorbaloff (he eats/absorbs people), just enough to put you off your dinner...

No comments: