We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, And know the place for the first time. ~T.S. Eliot Four Quartets

18 November 2007

Advent Fair

Yesterday we attended the Steiner Advent Fair in Hebden Bridge, starting the season off. It was a smaller than I expected, I think I was remembering one we went to back in Chicago at the Waldorf High School, which was huge.


Anyway, my son enjoyed making an angel, which he said was his very own guardian angel (his thoughts) at the kids craft table, while my daughter made off with a soft jingly ball (which I paid for of course). The food (all veggie by the look of it) was really well presented (quiches, pizza, salads, veggie sausage rolls, cakes, scones..) and the little bit that I had tasted great. It did make me feel like my contribution of bulgar wheat salad was a bit paltry by comparison, especially as the food/cafe was the most popular gathering point. I suppose while I expected the whole thing to be bigger, I didn't expect the food to be quite so -well, gourmet, I guess. I'm sure the event was a big success as we were among the first to arrive, with a steady stream of people arriving after us and as we were leaving.

No comments: