We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, And know the place for the first time. ~T.S. Eliot Four Quartets

27 February 2008

Earthquaking Britain

I'm a pretty heavy sleeper and my son is a really heavy one, so he didn't wake up at all last night. But I woke up with my heart racing from an unknown adrenalin rush.. then my husband (who was still up anyway) came in and said "oh my god did you feel that, it was an earthquake". I didn't realise that was what had caused my adrenalin rush, but somewhere in deep sleep my body recognised something amiss.

I guess this is not the first time an earthquake has happened here, the last one being in 1984. We experienced one similar to this living outside of Chicago a few years ago. You can read this little news bit about it. Nothing broken in our house, but some folks faired a little worse, like the man in Barnsley, Yorkshire whose chimney fell in, on top of him! The island could be cracking up...

No comments: