We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, And know the place for the first time. ~T.S. Eliot Four Quartets

09 June 2008

Sunny Monday

Summer seems to have arrived at last and I am hoping it remains as lovely as it has been this weekend. We had a great weekend at home! The kids enjoyed the annual village fayre, and we had a barbeque at a friends afterwards, and then yesterday in the park! Of course this meant we ended up feeding half the village kids, but we didn't mind, and they didn't seem to mind eating veggie burgers!
We set off yesterday for Shibden Park in Halifax, but couldn't get into the overflowing car park, so we ended up at Manor Heath also in Halifax, which I really like. The park has a great victorian paddling pool which unfortunately has not been filled so far this year, due to health and safety regs, which are really getting over the top and ruining much enjoyment in the process.
The kids did enjoy the indoor jungle experience (which is free, but sometimes boring), as the butterflies were a plenty, and the terrapins and fish were all making grand appearances. I really like this part of Halifax (Saville Park area) with its wide boulevards and victorian homes, it reminds me in some ways of areas of Chicago, that also have wide boulevards through the parks. And today, well the best part of today was that I passed my driving test! I am now the proud holder of a full UK driving license!! And the downside, my dd has a tummy bug that's been making the rounds!

No comments: