We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, And know the place for the first time. ~T.S. Eliot Four Quartets

20 August 2008

The Dog and the Music

This film by Sylvain Chomet, Belleville Rendez-vous was introduced to us in 2004 by my friends Nikki & Kathie (yes you two!!) who put in on for my son (then 4) to watch when he stayed with them on a visit. He loved it even though the story was beyond his understanding and he didn't like certain parts of it. His favourite thing though, was the music, he couldn't get enough of it!
When we moved back to England, we got a copy of it through the The Times on Sunday, and its started all over now, this time for my daughter! She grabs it and says, want to watch the doggie! My son understands it now, even though there is very little dialogue, and finds it a bit sad, but compelling nevertheless. If you haven't seen this film but like animation, I'd highly recommend it as it is a visual delight, as it has been crtically acclaimed. I have found that watching it repeatedly (which we do alot around here, watch things over and over and over), I pick up on new things each time.

No comments: