We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, And know the place for the first time. ~T.S. Eliot Four Quartets

25 October 2007

To market, to market..

In our attempt to lower our overall outgoings, avoid big supermarket chains and rely more on local shops and produce, we went to the market today, in Hebden Bridge. Its not a big market, but has all the fruit and veg we need, plus a fabulous cheese stall where I can now get a spicy mexicana cheese. I couldn't get motivated though to carry around a pumpkin for the rest of the day.. so maybe next week.

The rest of the day involved a visit to Flying Saucers paint/pottery cafe. This was our first visit, mainly to design some Christmas presents for the grandparents. I have to say it was an expensive outing that we won't be doing again for awhile. It was fun though, and my son did a mug for his grandma and an alien for himself. I did a mug with my daughter's handprint on it. She mostly wandered around 'chatting' to everyone. And although its meant to be relaxing, I would say that with a 21 month old toddler in tow, its a little nerve-wracking with all the breakable and expensive pottery on display. We pick up our treasures next week after they have been fired in the kiln.


No comments: