We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, And know the place for the first time. ~T.S. Eliot Four Quartets

29 January 2008

Inertia creeps...













In-er-tia: (American Heritage Dictionary) The tendency of a body to resist acceleration; the tendency of a body at rest to remain at rest or of a body in straight line motion to stay in motion in a straight line unless acted on by an outside force.

Its the end of January, the middle of winter, its no wonder I am feeling utterly slow, heavy and tired. Inertia has crept in, not just in me, but in just about everyone around me too. I know things are changing, that spring is on its way, I noticed some daffodils already poking their heads through the ground. I know I'd rather be here in January than in Chicago, perhaps in a deep freeze. England being England, things are still green, birds are around in abundance, and the village heron just flew past moments ago, following his path along the river. Spring has a great ability to break up inertia, with the spring clean, moving house, starting new projects, etc. All of these things will be applicable to my life this year.

We'll be in February at the end of the week, with St. Brigid's Day (Imbolc) approaching on the 2nd, the Tibetan & Chinese New Year on the 7th, spring is just around the corner.

No comments: