We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, And know the place for the first time. ~T.S. Eliot Four Quartets

06 November 2007

Feeling Disputatious

Yes that's right, I'm feeling irritable. And as a matter of fact, I have been fractious, fretful, prickly and querulous for about a week now. It is the new moon on Friday which could have something to do with it, a particularly heavy moon. Of course when I mentioned this to one of my schoolmothermates (that's fellow mother's at son's school) she tried her best to look at me as if she wasn't really thinking that I am slightly nutty. Maybe so, but I know I am made up of mostly water and the moon pulls on me the same as the tides in the ocean so why shouldn't that affect me in some way?

My dh found this 'Stellarium' astronomy program that shows the sky in realtime, a planetarium which allows us to watch the cycle of the moon through the planets, and there are some heavy things happening right now. I'm no way an expert in astronomy and I know a little about astrology, but I would say this program is awesome. Its also free. You can plot future days, years even to know what the sky will look like. You can also go back to the day you were born and see the sky as it was then.
In relation to my crabbiness though, a little meditation is in order. I do find it really hard these days. Walking meditation is every bit as beneficial as sitting, and I find walking is a good way of relieving stress. But as I usually have a little one with me, my attention tends to be on her and not really meditating. I have to try and sit while she's napping, if I can manage to ignorre the hundred and one other things that 'need' doing. If I can do that, then maybe I can salvage the rest of this week from the grumpy bin.

No comments: